(Updated 7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 18)
Residents in several parts of Linn County affected by wildfires have been instructed to leave the area for their own safety.
The Linn County Sheriff’s Office is coordinating evacuation efforts with other law enforcement and fire agencies as well as state government.
Residents who have been evacuated will be notified by cell phone alerts, the Linn-Benton Alert System and social media when it is safe to return home.
Residents are asked not to call 911 unless they have an active emergency.
Level 3 “go now” evacuation orders remain in effect for the following areas:
• The area along Highway 22 from Gates Bridge East to Santiam Junction, including Detroit, Idanha and Marion Forks.
Level 2 orders, meaning people need to be prepared to evacuate immediately if their status is upgraded to Level 3, are in effect for these areas:
• The communities of Mill City and Gates have been downgraded to Level 2.
• The city of Lyons, including 16th Street behind Freres, Clipfell Lane and all areas from the railroad tracks that intersect with Highway 226 and north to the Linn/Marion County line, east to Cedar Mill Road, south to Thomas Creek Drive.
A Level 1 alert — meaning residents should make preparations to evacuate if need be — is in effect for the following areas:
• The McCully Mountain area, Rashmar Road and Substation Drive, along with all their nconnecting road systems.
• Residents in need of shelter should go to the Linn County Fair & Expo Center, 3700 Knox Butte Road E in Albany. At this time, the Expo Center has room for people but all livestock facilities are full.
• Lebanon Calvary Church, 633 Park St., is open as a shelter.
• Willamette Speedway, 36606 Airport Drive in Lebanon, is open for RV parking.
• A Facebook group has been opened to connect people with displaced livestock with others who have boarding facilities available at https://www.facebook.com/groups/linncountylivestock.
• Highway 22 is closed from Highway 226 to the western edge of Mill City.
• Highway 22 is closed from east of Gates to Santiam Junction.
Check the Linn County Sheriff's Office website at https://www.linnsheriff.org/fire_live_updates_sept_2020/ for the latest information.