Albany Fire Department responds to smoke at business
breaking top story

Albany Fire Department responds to smoke at business

  • Updated
  • 0

Albany firefighters responded to reports of smoke inside Veritone Architecture & Interior Design at 231 Second Ave. SW in Albany Tuesday morning. 

The smoke was most likely from a malfunctioning light ballast, said Battalion Chief Kevin Anderson, who was working his last full shift before retirement.

Veritone employees evacuated the building after reporting the smoke around 10:20 a.m.  

Firefighters blocked a lane of traffic on Second Avenue and worked at pinpointing the source of the smoke for more than 45 minutes.   

0
0
0
0
1

Be the first to know

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News