Albany firefighters responded to reports of smoke inside Veritone Architecture & Interior Design at 231 Second Ave. SW in Albany Tuesday morning.
The smoke was most likely from a malfunctioning light ballast, said Battalion Chief Kevin Anderson, who was working his last full shift before retirement.
Veritone employees evacuated the building after reporting the smoke around 10:20 a.m.
Firefighters blocked a lane of traffic on Second Avenue and worked at pinpointing the source of the smoke for more than 45 minutes.
Be the first to know
Get local news delivered to your inbox!