The Benton County Cultural Coalition has awarded 12 grants to nonprofits in the county from funds from the Oregon Cultural Trust that promote art, preservation of history and local heritage and culture.
The winners are:
• Beit Am, $750 for the Jewish Film Festival.
• Benton County Historical Society, $1.250 for Family Day at the Museum.
• Casa Latino, $1.300 for art workshops with Latino youth.
• Chintimini Chamber Music, $1,000 for music education for low income children in Corvallis.
• Corvallis Guitar Society, $1,500 for the 2019 Guitar Festival.
• Corvallis Multicultural Literacy Center, $1.000 for creating, with Willamette Neighborhood Housing Services, culturally themed activities in three Corvallis neighborhoods.
• Jackson Street Youth Services, $1,600 for creation of an outdoor mural in Corvallis with The Arts Center.
• Summit community, $1,400 to update the bathroom at the Community Center in Blodgett.
• The Arc of Benton County, $1,300 for Babel Drum in the new Sensory Garden in Philomath.
• Willamette Apprentice Ballet, $1,800 for free performances of a newly created ballet to the music of "Carnival of the Animals."
• Willamette Grange No. 52, $1,350 for the first phase of Willamette Community Center restoration.
• Wren Community Club, $1,680 for lighting improvements to the Wren Community Hall.
Funds for the awards are provided by sales of Oregon Cultural Trust license plates and donations to the trust.