Photo Credit: D Guest Smith / Alamy Stock Photo
- First-time home buyer score: 72.48
- Median home price: $244,400
- Estimated monthly mortgage payment: $960
- Projected home value growth (YoY): 7.1%
- Average income (full-time workers age 27-37): $56,238
- Cost of living: About average
Located in north Texas, the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington metro area is known for its sports teams, historical museums, and live music. The Stockyards National Historic District offers an immersive experience in traditional cowboy culture and features daily cattle drives, shops for cowboy gear, and live rodeos. The cost of living in the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area is comparable to the national average, and the median home price is $244,400—about 10 percent above the national median.