The Lebanon Community Hospital Foundation, Girod Scholarship Committee, Easton Scholarship Committee, Dinges Scholarship Committee and Nurse Education Scholarship Committee have announced those receiving scholarships for the 2020-2021 academic year.
The late Frank Girod, MD, was one of the founding members of the Samaritan Lebanon Community Hospital. This year the committee awarded three scholarships for a total of $12,000 to:
• Austin Kleint, medical student at Western University, COMP-Northwest.
• Whitley Nelson, medical student at Western University, COMP-Northwest.
• Lisa Qiu, medical student at Western University, COMP-Northwest.
The family of the late Rachel Easton, a longtime nurse at Samaritan’s Park Street Clinic, awards the Rachel Easton, RN Scholarship each year in her honor. The committee awarded $1,000 scholarships to:
• Rachel Busek, nursing student at Linn-Benton Community College
• Mickayla Dennis, nursing student at Warner Pacific University
John and Carol Dinges of Lebanon awarded two $1,500 scholarships to graduates of a high school in east Linn County who are currently enrolled in a health career program at Linn-Benton Community College. The recipients are:
• Ivy Bosley, phlebotomy technician student.
• Kailee Kirby, nursing student.
The Nurse Education Scholarship was started this year for caregivers and certified nursing assistants pursuing continued education in the nursing field. The committee awarded $500 scholarships to:
• Deana Clugston, nursing student at LBCC.
• Abigail Reynders, nursing student at LBCC.
• Mistere Vanover, nursing student at Marian University.
For more information or to donate to these scholarships, visit samhealth.org/Foundations or call the Lebanon Community Hospital Foundation office at 541-451-6303.
Be the first to know
Get local news delivered to your inbox!